What kind of personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information that we collect and hold includes names, contact details and other information that is relevant to our functions and activities.
How do we collect personal information?
We usually collect personal information directly from individuals. We may collect personal information from third parties, such as wholesale and retail suppliers of home building, renovating and design related products, where individuals have made inquiries about our products to such third parties. We may collect your personal information when you communicate with us, such as when you:
- make inquiries about us, our products and services or contact us for any other reason so that we can process, deal with and respond to your queries or other issues including any complaints; or
- contact, register with, post to, like or follow any of our social media websites, pages, forums or blogs; or
- use our website; or
- register a product you have purchased or subscribe to any of our services; or
- register for and attend at events; or
- subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or survey, enter or participate in any competitions or promotions; or
- register and use the Iplex PocketENGINEER™ App.
What happens if you do not provide your personal information to us?
If you do not provide personal information that we request in connection with our activities, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
Why do we collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information?
We collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information as necessary for purposes directly related to our functions and activities, including:
- names and contact details, to provide our products and services to our customers and information and all services relating to our products and services;
- names and contact details, to record information regarding products purchased from us and to provide further services to you, such as repair or replacement of products;
- names, contact details, transaction and experience information such as information on your purchase transactions and our communications with you, for direct marketing including promotions, newsletters and competitions and to carry out analysis of market activity;
- names, contact details and builders licence numbers to assist customers in claiming continuing professional development points from attending our relevant events;
- names and contact details, to supply product warranties and guarantees and all related services; and
- names, contact details, educational information, membership of trade and professional associations, sensitive information and government related identifiers, for contracting with individuals and assessing individuals for current or future employment opportunities.
Will we disclose personal information to anyone else?
We may disclose personal information to:
- our related companies;
- third party contractors and providers of goods and services, such as courier and delivery companies, marketing and promotion companies, training and training certification agencies and business support services like document storage, printing and collating for us; and
- market research companies who undertake customer surveys for us;
- with your consent; or
- for a purpose which you would reasonably expect; or
- as required or permitted by law; or
Do we disclose personal information overseas?
- Fletcher Building Limited in New Zealand for purposes such as storage of information and to allow them to provide administrative services; and
- a third party service provider which is located in Ireland.
We may store personal information in the cloud, on servers based in Ireland, which are hosted by a third party under contract with our group of companies.
Unsubscribing from email lists
Every time we send emails for marketing or promotional purposes, our emails will contain instructions on how you may unsubscribe from the relevant email list in respect of direct marketing.
Unsubscribing from social media pages
Our social media pages provide instructions as to how you can unsubscribe from the relevant social media website or page.
Unsubscribing from hard copy promotional materials
When we send you hard copy promotional materials, such materials will include instructions on how you may unsubscribe from receiving such materials.
Dealing with us anonymously or using a pseudonym
You may deal with us on an anonymous basis or by using a pseudonym when making inquiries through our website or social media pages, or when you make general inquiries by telephone and do not require a further response from us. However, we may need certain contact details from you to respond to inquiries. Generally, we will require your personal information in order to transact with you.
We use industry-standard methods and take such steps as are reasonable to protect your personal information from unauthorised access modification or disclosure and from misuse, interference and loss. Among other techniques, we usually:
- store such information on a computer behind our "firewall" in a secure location;
- restrict the number of employees internally who can access such data; and
- keep hard copies of documents in lockable cabinets in a secure location.
Once personal information is no longer required by us for the purposes for which it was collected or held or otherwise in accordance with the APPs, we will take all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that it is either destroyed or de-identified.
Access, Correction and Removal of your Personal Information
You may seek to access or correct your personal information at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the 'Privacy Officer’, Locked Bag 3501 North Ryde BC NSW 1670.
If we do not agree to provide you with access to your personal information or to amend or annotate the information we hold about you, you may seek a review of our decision. If we do not agree to make the requested changes to your personal information, you may make a statement about the requested changes and we will attach it to your record.
You can send written complaints about a breach of the APPs in relation to your personal information by email to email@example.com or by mail to the 'Privacy Officer’, Locked Bag 3501 North Ryde BC NSW 1670. Complaints will be reviewed by our Privacy Officer and a response will usually be provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If you believe that your complaint has not been satisfactorily addressed by us, after following the procedure set out above, you can make a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner (OAIC). The OAIC's contact details are here. For more information about making a complaint, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the 'Privacy Officer’, Locked Bag 3501 North Ryde BC NSW 1670.